Below is a list and summary of some key blogs that will help you on your Wellness Journey and Transformation. It is my hope that something I say or something I do helps motivate myself and others on our wellness journey to become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.
- Safety First! How Much to Lift? – Flexibility, exercise, modifications, safety and how much weight to lift and when to modify exercises?
- Pre & Post Workout Nutrition – What should you eat before, during and after your workout?
- Hear Rate, Intensity and Rating of Perceived Exertion – How to determine your heart rate beats per minute (HR BPM)? What is your intensity level and rating of perceived exertion (RPE)?
- General Training Principles – Brief discussion of the four of the most widely known principles in the fitness community specifically as applied to our HIIT Transformation program.
- HIIT, Fitness and Bench Press – What is fitness? Among other things, fitness is the ability to thrive and survive in your environment. Train to be Fit.
- Why Does HIIT Transformation Work? – What is High Intensity Interval Training? Why is the HIIT Transformation so amazing?
- What is HIIT? – HIIT involves repeated bouts of high-intensity (> 70% MAXHR) effort interspersed with recovery.
- To Carb or Not to Carb? That’s the Question. – Should you eat carbohydrates or not? Are there good and bad carbs?
- Carbohydrate Quality & Sugar – What is the difference in carbohydrates? How to determine which carbohydrates and good and bad? What types of carbohydrates to you eat and when? Is all sugar the same?
- Weight Management, Marcos & Calories Deficit – How to manage your weight, determine your daily calorie requirements and macro nutrient ratios?
- Flexibility and Mobility – Flexibility training concepts.
- The Scale is a Liar – Is all weight loss good weight loss? What is healthy weight loss? What is health body composition change?
- What is Wellness? – What are the various components of wellness considering wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.
- Log Your Workouts – By tracking your progress or at the very least use some portion of your workout in a log of some sort you can determine if you are increasing the load and intensity adequately. So, write something down.
Transformation for Life!
Have a great journey!
Coach Tim Garrett